morals & ethics
Six times a day, I track how I am or am not keeping my morals and ethics in my 6x book. Without observing morals and ethics, our minds remain disturbed and restless.
- AHINSA/NEVER-HARMING refraining from hurting any being, with your thoughts, with your speech, or with your actions.
- SATYA/NEVER-LYING refraining from giving even a slightly different impression than the one you know to be true
- ASTEYA/NEVER-STEALING refraining from taking that which is not freely given to you and refraining from taking something that would be missed.
- BRAMACHARYA/NEVER-CHEATING refraining from dishonoring the bond between two other people or your own bond with another
- APARIGRAHA/NEVER-POSSESSIVE refraining from possessiveness, realizing that all phenomenal things are just passing through, as are us.
- SAUCHA/ALWAYS-CLEAN working all day to see our world and the beings in it as sacred
- SANTOSHA/ALWAYS-CONTENT not wanting things we don’t have and being happy with the things we do have
- TAPAH/ALWAYS-EFFORT committing to do whatever we have to to get ourselves and others out of suffering
- SVADHYAYA/ALWAYS-STUDYING learning and memorizing the Great Books at the feet of a True Master
- ISHVARA PRANIDHANANI/ALWAYS-DEVOTION taking ourselves to a True Master and giving them all of ourselves, our greatest commitment of all.